Universal Sole and Simon Hyun Fitness would like to introduce a new video series on how to become a STRONGER runner. These videos are designed to take your running to the next level! Be on the lookout for new content each week. Let's get it started with a video on planks!
Planks are one of the best exercises that runners can perform for their core. A strong plank can strengthen the lower back, stomach, and improve posture. Strengthening these muscles can help runners stay injury free and running longer!
Please watch the video as Simon Hyun from Simon Hyun Fitness shows the proper technique behind performing a plank.
1. Get to the floor!
2. Your elbows should be directly under the shoulders. Elbows should be bent 90 degrees.
3. Make sure you keep your stomach engaged. Core tight.
4. Feet should be together
1. Legs are straight.
2. Make sure your hands are parallel to each other.
3. Fists are tight. Forearms are glued to the ground. Glutes should be squeezed together. Legs are straight.
4. Make sure your lower back and hips don't sag.
Got a question about the video? Please message me at email@example.com. Happy running!
UNIVERSAL SOLE - a grass roots running events company (which had roots of close to 20 years as a running specialty retailer) offering information on running shoes, gear, accessories & overall fitness trends.