The Universal Sole December Trail Challenge - 4.5ish Miles
December 19th, 2020 @ 9AM!
Trail running has always been in our USOLE DNA! We were the first running store in Chicago to bring trail racing to the Chicago running community. These trail races are great courses for folks wanting to get off the roads and enjoy some of our beautiful trails, but not have to be an expert trail runner to get to the finish. Our trail races are very laid back and great fun for the entire family, making it fun & easy for all! The USOLE Trail Challenge is great for people of all ages and all abilities looking to change up the running routine and get “off” the roads!
Trail Race Location:
We will be headed back to the Far Northside of Chicago and Schiller Woods! This is the original USOLE Trail Challenge course and location and we love this place! A great location very close to the city, but has the great trails and scenery of the woods in beautiful Schiller Woods. The trail will be a flatter off road course with crushed limestone, rocks & roots to run over. A nice blend of single and double track will satisfy all levels of trail runners! If we get a little rain, the course will have some mud section which will make it even more fun! Come our and run in our original USOLE Trail Challenge location!
- ONE PRICE UNTIL RACE IS SOLD OUT - $50.00
- RACE DAY, DECEMBER 19TH - NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION
- The Goods:
- We think it is time to get a really cool item and because we want it to be really cool...we have not announced what it will be yet!
- Courses will be trail & off road with crushed limestone, dirt, rocks, & roots...and maybe some mud. Fun is the name of the game!
- Races will begin promptly @ 9:00am! Race day pickup & registration will begin @ 8:00am!
- Directions for race start with special COVID-19 precautions will be announced closer to the event as we will be enforcing state and local guidelines for all 2020 USOLE Trail Challenges!
- COVID-19 Rules & Regulations:
- All participants will be required to have face masks worn at all times prior to the state of the race and after the race.
- We will require all registered runners follow all social distance guidelines with folks have a 6ft or greater distance apart.
- Masks maybe removed once the participant has started the trail race.
- During COVID-19, please refrain from on-site physical forms of contact (hugs, high fives, etc)
- Please be responsible and socially distant for any activities pre and post race (selfies, group selfies, etc)
- Tissues/Handkerchief required for all spitting or nose blowing while on the race site and during the race.
- Persons from high-risk groups for COVID-19 complications should consult their physician before participating.
- Do not participate if you are feeling sick or ill, and or have a fever, or if you have been in contact with someone unrecovered from COVID-19.
- Water and NUUN Hydration Drink at the Start/finish line. Due to Cook County Forest Preserve regulations, we are not allowed to have any aid station in the trails. Be sure to bring your hand held bottle or hydration backpack if you will need on-course fluids.
- Clif Bars, bananas & apples will be at the finish.
- Refreshing Odell Brewing Craft Beer will be given to all runners after along with other goodies.
- Race day gear check will be at the Universal Sole Tents
- Parking Info: Plenty of parking in the forest preserve parking lots!
- Directions to race sites:
- Schiller Woods - From I-294 take the Irving Park Road exit east. From I-90, take the Cumberland Avenue exit south to Irving Park. Entrances for Schiller Woods West entrance is along Irving Park Road (right turn into the grove). We will be at Grove # 3.
- Top Five Overall for Male & Female will receive custom award tiles
- Post race raffle with great prizes from Universal Sole & all of our sponsors to be held at our post race party on-site!
*Packet pick-up will be available on race morning starting @ 8:00am
*Packet pick-up location is TBD!
Post Race - Will's Famous Chili, Brews & Fun!
Once the races are over, Will's Famous Chili and craft brews for everyone! We will have some other goodies for folks as well to enjoy, but let's run, have some fun and enjoy some of Will's Chili & Odell Brewing Craft Beer! We are always in for a treat when Will crafts his family three meat chili for all to enjoy! A great post race treat after hitting the trails! Will's Famous Chili along with some ice cold Odell Craft Brews are not to be missed!
The Ryan & Katie Flynn Memorial Trail Challenge Series
As we prepare for the upcoming USOLE Trail Challenge Series Trail Races (October, November, December 2019), we are honored to dedicate the entire series in memory of our dear running friends, Ryan & Katie Flynn! Both were very active runners in the USOLE and Chicago running communities and we will miss them dearly! They always loved the trails and we always enjoyed having them being a part of our grass roots trail races! A portion of the Trail Challenge Series Proceeds will go to Ryan's Charity, Anixter Center and Katie's Charity Girls on the Run-Chicago! We hope everyone can make it out to our trail races, enjoy nature in the fall (a fantastic time to be on the trails) and keep Ryan and Katie in your thoughts.